The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
Education being the major part in developing a nation in all aspects, the higher education institutions have their own responsibility in fostering quality education to the younger generation. As per the guidelines of NAAC, The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in Dr.URCW was established in the year 2010.
The primary aim is to ensure sustained quality in education and enhancement of resources to facilitate improvement in teaching, learning, research and extra-curricular activities.
The IQAC functions as an integral part of the institution and realizes its responsibility in bringing the holistic development as a step towards excellence. It organizes orientation programme for faculties, non-teaching and administrative staff members and extends support for organizing various activities. It facilitates documentation of the activities conducted by the departments. Through all these measures IQAC happens to be one of the important components of the college and act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEI’s.
with Best Wishes
Mrs.L.Visalatchi Co-ordinator IQAC
- The institution has active Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to frame the policy for the academic and administrative growth of the institution
- IQAC is playing a major role in designing and maintaining quality assurance within academic systems.
- IQAC monitors the proper implementation and analysis of overall academic and administrative performances of the college activities.
- The cell supports the teaching and learning goals articulated in the institution’s strategic plan.
- As the institution has grown in size and stature, it has evolved certain quality assurance measures keeping in mind the academic and administrative requirements. In this regard, Feedback mechanism is effectively implemented which includes the stakeholders feedback on academic, administration and the infrastructure.
- As per the suggestion of IQAC, a feedback analysis committee is formed to review the feedback received from the students.
- IQAC reviews the feedback received from the parent- teacher meetings
- IQAC ensures maximum utilization of infrastructural facilities and the available ICT resources.
- On the basis of academic audit, a comprehensive review of student’s performance is made by IQAC.
- IQAC ensures the proper implementation of academic calendar.
- Regular meetings of IQAC are conducted to discuss various measures related to quality enhancement in which the recommendations made by the committee members regarding curriculum planning and design, Evaluation Board, Board Of Studies, Academic Council, Governing Body, co-curricular and extra- curricular activities are discussed and analyzed for further improvement.
- Introduction of new Courses including Postgraduate and Add-on Courses.
- Automation of Library and its facilities.
- Strengthening of Library.
- Improvement in student support systems.
- Organizing seminars, conferences and workshops at different levels.
- Extension and up gradation of Classrooms and Laboratories.
- Inculcate ICT based Teaching-learning process
- Prepares Annual Quality Assurance Report(AQAR) every year which is submitted to the affiliating university.
- The IQAC monitors the well-being of the college in all respects.
Meetings of IQAC, scheduled/ held in the academic year June 2016 - April 2017